[*BCM*] grim scenes saturday... any news?

Turtle turtle at thewiseturtle.com
Sun Aug 2 15:52:39 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Alek Shapiro<alshapiro at clarku.edu> wrote:

> That said, you're very lucky you haven't landed on your head after going
> over the handlebars. Stop short at a high speed, hit a pot hole, or
> whatever, and a date between the head and the ground is on the horizon.
> Doesn't matter who you're sharing the road with.

No, I'm not "very lucky" I'm just following the laws of physics.
Riding in the normal upright, or half-upright, (a non racing) position
on a bike will never put the top or back of your head first in your
flight over the handlebars.  It's just not physically the way our
bodies and our bikes are designed.

You'd have to go sideways or transverally, after being hit by
something on the side, or swerving sideways to have a chance at
hitting your head where your helmet is worn.

-T