[*BCM*] grim scenes saturday... any news?

Anne Wolfe goannego at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 15:42:46 EDT 2009

Again, it is risk management.  If you've got balance issues or similar, yes,
you do in fact stop climbing stairs.  For precisely the reason you cite.
You'll find a lot of people as they get older and have these issues move to
single level housing for just that reason.  But again, odds are that a slip
and fall is unlikely to kill you.  The odds are much greater being hit by a
car, and the odds of being hit by a car are much greater while bike riding
in the street than they are while going down your stairs.

2009/8/2 Turtle <turtle at thewiseturtle.com>

> It only takes on slip on some stairs to end your life, too.  But you
> don't stop climbing stairs, or wear inflatable clothing do you?  Life
> is indeed risky.  Some things just aren't risky enough to waste your
> time on.  And different people will see different activities as more
> risky than others.  For example, I don't eat animal products,
> partially because I think it's likely to lead to premature death.
> Others think otherwise.
>
> Diversity is life.
>
> -Turil

Anne M. Wolfe, LL.M.
Mobile: ( 07805) 456901

Be well, do good work, and keep in touch. - Garrison Keillor