[*BCM*] Coal is Killing Us!: Zombie March on Coal's Top Investors 10/31

Rising Tide Boston info at risingtideboston.org
Thu Oct 23 16:42:26 EDT 2008

WHAT: Zombie March on Coal's Top Investors
WHEN: Friday, October 31st, 4:00 PM
WHERE: Copley Square, Boston, MA

WHY: Bank of America and Citibank are top investors in coal. Ravenous coal
companies, funded billions of dollars by these banks, are literally blowing
the tops off of mountains throughout Appalachia to extract seams of coal.
Nearly 500 mountains have been decapitated, and over 1200 miles of rivers
and steams have been buried with debris and toxic waste. Associated floods,
landslides, and explosions have driven communities from their homes while
destroying surrounding ecosystems. Burning coal is the nation's top source
of air pollution and toxic mercury, and is responsible for one-third of the
country's greenhouse gas emissions. Despite all of this, more than 150 new
coal-fired power plants are in various stages of development around the
country. If completed, these plants would have a total effect equivalent to
doubling the number of cars on our roads. Meanwhile, our government is
relaxing laws in order to allow for even more coal mining.

Now's the time. Dress in your finest gore and living dead attire, and
descend on the banks, and if you're not dead yet, take the future into your
own hands and join us at 4PM on October 31st in telling Bank of America and
Citibank to...

STOP MAKING A KILLING ON COAL!
COAL IS OVER! FUND THE FUTURE!

http://www.risingtideboston.org