[*BCM*] re Halloween ride

jb fentner symboliceon at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 15 22:37:45 EST 2008

"to unnecessarily cross over to the left side of a double yellow, or take up all lanes of traffic, or otherwise create mayhem"

i don't know about you, but that's how i ride on a daily basis. it does have the effect of pissing off or confusing drivers but ultimately i care about my own safety a lot more than i care about how someone in a car feels while they're sipping at their mocha latte, listening to talk radio, and barely paying attention to what is happening around their motorized box on wheels. point being that be it negative attention or positive attention, it's still attention most drivers aren't usually clued in to.

it was also nice to ride on storrow.. and to notice how much easier it is for a group of cyclists to make way for emergency vehicles than it is for automobiles. =]