[*BCM*] spoiled bitches of brookline.

David Atkins datkinsg at gmail.com
Thu May 29 08:03:42 EDT 2008

A few years ago, I was making a right turn from Newton St at Grove in
Brookline and slid on wet pavement into the middle of the intersection full
of busy traffic where I lay for a few seconds on my back winded, expecting
to be run over. Several motorists stopped to ask if I was ok, some offered
me a ride home. Within a minute, a police cruiser and fire truck showed up.
It was a little embarrassing, but I did have a nasty road rash; otherwise no
real damage and I was able to ride home.

We all have stories to tell of angry or oblivious motorists, but as a
general rule, I've got no complaints about Brookline. Over the years, I've
found getting angry makes me do stupid things, so I try to ignore bad
behavior and just treat the motorists like environmental hazards to be
respected and avoided like potholes and broken glass.

Dave Atkins
http://blog.davewrites.com
http://westwoodblog.org