[*BCM*] Somerville History Bicycle Tour - Saturday, May 31

Ron Newman rnewman at thecia.net
Thu May 15 11:21:37 EDT 2008

Join the Somerville Bicycle Committee and the Somerville Historic
Preservation Commission for a bicycle tour of historical sights
around Somerville.   This year's ride will focus on the many commuter
rail stations that Somerville once had, and on the Green Line
stations that will soon take their place.

The ride starts at Somerville City Hall, 93 Highland Avenue, at 10 am
on Saturday, May 31.  We'll take about three hours to ride about ten
miles, stopping along the way at railroad-related sites and at such
historic landmarks as the Prospect Hill Tower and the Old Powder
House.    The ride will end at the Somerville Museum, where we'll
enjoy refreshments and an exhibit of the Somerville Preservation Awards.

Rain date is Sunday, June 1, same time and starting location.   For
more information, e-mail rnewman at thecia.net or call 617-628-8895.