[*BCM*] looking to borrow two bike cases for travel

Derek Dunham dsdunham82 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 22:18:32 EDT 2008

I just bought a nice soft case from performancebike.com for only 40.
It is really heavy duty canvas and would be great for what you need it
for. I may slide some heavy duty cardboard on the sides  for a little
extra protection in case something bumps it but I was able to fit in
my bike WITH pedals, handlebars, AND a rear rack on it. Granted that
was just to see if it would work, and when I actually take it with me
(coming to boston in a week) on the bus I will at least remove the
pedals and the rack but my point is it has plenty of room and it build
nicely.

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Jarrett Sloan <js at jarrettsloan.com> wrote:
> Nate,
>
> They aren't nearly as strong but the cardboard boxes that bikes are sent to
> a bicycle shop might work well for one round trip flight.
>

> On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 1:14 PM, nate <foilpan at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > this may be a longshot, but i'm looking to borrow one, or preferably two,
> hard cases for checking bikes on a plane.
> >

> > my girlfriend and i are going on vacation and would like to take our
> bikes, but buying hard travel cases seems excessive for a short trip.
> >

> > if you have one or two or know someone who does, please let me know, and
> we can work out a trade, rental fee, or something.
> >

> > thanks,
> >

> > nate

Derek Dunham