[*BCM*] insurance (jumping off from that horrible ad)

Antony Rudie antony.rudie at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 22:01:12 EDT 2008

someone said:

" Another troublesome aspect (though I could be wrong) is
that automobile owners insurance covers accidents while drivers ride their
bicycles but bicyclists who don't own automobiles don't have similar
protections."

I found out 10 years ago that my personal property insurance also included
personal liability insurance.  I hit a pedestrian ( I still feel bad about
it 10 years later.  It was totally my fault. I claim to have learned from
the experience.) and my insurance paid for his dental work.  It took a LOT
of phone calls on my part and on the victim's part, but they paid it
eventually.

I can only hope that no one else needs to know that insurance fact.

-Tony