[*BCM*] Local Icon

Tom Revay trevay at massbike.org
Mon Mar 24 13:09:58 EDT 2008

"robert fine" <countrybob at comcast.net> wrote:
>  Subject: Re: [*BCM*] Local Icon

>  Can someone enlighten me as to why despite this persons physically
>  challenged state he is not kindly encouraged to not make a menace of himself
>  on the sidewalks?

I think he's more than physically challenged, Bob.

>  Besides being a danger to pedestrians who may not heed or
>  even hear his steady warning, "move", he doesn't leave the best impression
>  towards bicyclists in general as being considerate of others rights to use
>  the sidewalk.

Well, I do hope that most rational adults differentiate between him on
his own, and those many more able of us who should ride in the street.
 There are few adults whom I would say are doing the best they can by
riding a trike up and down the sidewalks but he's one of them.  So I
cut him the slack that I wouldn't extend to most other cyclists.

Incidentally, my wife has a nickname for him.  Oh, yeah, does she ever.

Whenever we hear him shouting his way down the footpath, she says,
"Oh, here comes *Massbike*!" -- and she does this, just out of
badness, purely just to tick me off!  Yeah, she's like that ....

-- Tom Revay
... who can take a joke, when it is a joke.