[*BCM*] Local Icon

Paul Centro gh3451 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 9 10:34:58 EDT 2008

Thank you for that link.

  I'm 45 and can't remember a time when he was not around.  He also hangs at Ferris Wheels and hops the O-line @ Forest Hills on occasion.  When you see him off of the bike and see how profound his condition is it is amazing.

  I hope he rides forever.

Ari Pollak <ajp at aripollak.com> wrote:
  Of all things, there's actually a facebook group dedicated to him that
has the most information I've seen anywhere:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2210625978

The important points:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2007/01/07/keeping_the_wheels_turning/

*Name: Louie
*Birthday: 11/27
*Age: 54 years old
*Likes: The Red Sox, Mozzarella sticks, The Rattlesnake bar and grill,
Dick's last resort, Miller High Life (that's how you know hes a good man).

*Bike information: The sticker on the back says "kryptonite", frequents
Back Bay Bikes for repairs..

*Siren: apparently he's saying "move, move" which would make sense to
those who have been hit

*VIDEOS of Louie in Action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqcYdS0x_2w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Ke-miqHs8&NR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhEb73t-Stk

If I remember correctly, he has cerebral palsy so he needs leg braces,
which would probably prevent him from riding a two-wheeler.