[*BCM*] dbl parked

John Hays jjhays2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 17:47:21 EST 2008

I tend to agree that people trot out "two wrongs don't make a right" in
situations where it basically amounts to a non-sequitur, largely on the
basis that it's relevance assumes something being contested (that some
action in question is in fact a wrong). I will say that it's not
particularly clear to me that riding through an intersection under those
circumstances is, in any meaningful sense, a wrong. It may very well be
that it's _against the law_ to do that, but that's just another
non-sequitur, since the fact that something is against the law is not
evidence of it being wrong. I shudder to think how many people (even on
this list) actually believe that "zee rules are zee rules" is a
sufficient justification for the deliberate infliction of suffering upon
or deprivation of material assets from a person.

- John