[*BCM*] StreetTalk with Portland's Roger Geller...

Basil Sharpe bsharpe at redcoatpublishing.com
Tue Mar 4 09:03:27 EST 2008

Hi Jon,

    I use a pole like you speak of with a flag on the end.   I have a
Carridice saddle bag where I put all my junk.  This bag straps to the
saddle bag loops on the saddle/.  The flag pole just fits between the
saddle loops inside the two saddlebag straps through the loops.  The
neat thing is that if you do it this way, the flag pole can extend out
towards the cars who come too close or if you're on a bike path or
around people it can slide back in out of the way.   I love it and feel
it does keep the cars just a bit more away from me.   You can find the
poles and flags on Buggylights.com.  I'f you don't use a saddlebag,
hopefully your saddle has saddlebag loops so just strap the pole to
those.  The pole is fiberglass so it's a bit flexible so it wont take
you down.  The pole will come too long so just cut it down to where
you're comfortable with it-mine is maybe 3 feet and the carridice bag is
maybe 12 or 15 inches wide-so it's a nice set up.  The pole comes with a
rubber protector on end just past the flag so that if you get too close
to a car and forget to slide the flag back out of the way you wont
scratch some guy's dear and precious Lexus.  Hope that helps