[*BCM*] Longfellow/Cambridge Bike Police, Systemic Change, Courteous Mass...

John Kerr johnkerr87 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 12:38:47 EDT 2008

Arg....good point about those people who are compelled to yell.  In my own
view, when CM blocks traffic I like to think it might force someone to think
for a second and chill out.  I know this is not the natural response of a
driver, but traffic is not the end of the world and everyone needs to
relax.  Car culture is all about getting things done fast fast fast; we need
to fight against the time is money paradigm.   The desire to yell hateful
things at a stranger is so over the line...well, I think the point has been
made.

On a lighter note, some of the funnier comments I've had yelled at me while
biking:

"You're not a pedestrian!"
"I'm driving here!"
"I'm in a truck, you're on a bike!"