[*BCM*] Response to Vehicular Assault? (was: Open letter ...)

Dionne, James jdionne at SleepMed.md
Wed Jul 30 14:09:44 EDT 2008

Hi,

New to this group and I'm sure I'll see you all at the next ride.

Forget about the police. I was assaulted by a driver that cut me off and
we got into a verbal match. He then grabbed me by the throat. When I
called to a witness to call the cops he promptly let go and screwed out
of the area. I was able to get the license plate. The witness just
strolled away.

I called the Lynnfield police and they dispatched a cruiser. I explained
the situation to the officer and he said there was nothing he could do
as I was not hurt (is that how it works in a domestic assault?). then he
start questioning me about the road I was on, him stating that it was
restricted to bicycles (a bunch of bull). Anyways I made a report to the
registry requesting a hearing. I also contacted Mass Bike and was told
that a representative would accompany me to the hearing (they never
showed). The hearing person was an ex-cop and clearly anti-bicycle and
seemed disturbed that I don't drive and that I cycle everywhere I go.

Motorist are given the benefit of doubt whenever it comes to a
bicyclist. We are a cancer on the roads. I have given up any hope of
this changing. I am tired of the crap we as cyclist have to deal with on
the roads.

Got hit in January by a guy leaving dunkin donuts who claimed he didn't
see me. I had the right of way, my bike totaled. What happened to him?
Nothing.

OK, enough of my rant. Sorry if I didn't make much sense.

JD