[*BCM*] Commuter question

Aaron D. Ball aarondball at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 14:46:05 EDT 2008

Not exactly what you were asking, but I commuted from Providence to
Central Square for a couple of years, and I usually parked my bike
(~$300 new cheezy mountain bike) at the station down there and took
the Red Line in Boston.  It never got stolen, but my cheapo gel seat
did get ripped off once.  Stations are high-traffic areas, so given
enough time some asshole is guaranteed to steal any parts that aren't
locked on or screwed on tight, and maybe even ones that are.

Speaking of assholes, there's some twit going around squirting acid
into locks---"twit" because it makes the lock a bitch to open, so it's
not like it's getting them anything.  It's happened three times to
locks of mine at Davis and Harvard.  If you get off the train one
morning and find your lock covered in white corrosion, rinse it out
with water and lube it before you put your key in.