[*BCM*] Thoughts, or what was the thinking at the MSM ...

Jym Dyer jym at econet.org
Mon Jan 7 14:42:25 EST 2008

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/01/06/achieving_critical_mass/

=v= As feared, an article hopped up on an unrepresentative
sampling of controversies and riddled with inaccuracies.

| ... and about 300 other cities ...

=1= Wow, good thing I pointed the guy to the www.critical-mass.org
website which documents 450 cities.

| ... or just blocking traffic.

=2= Um, BEING traffic.  Editorialize much?

| Critical Mass has caused contention in many communities - from
| New York, where hundreds of massers were arrested at the 2004
| Republican National Convention, to San Francisco, where Mayor
| Willie Brown declared war on the group.

=3= Editorialize much about who caused what?  I suppose NYC's
August 2004 ride (which a fact-checker should have noticed was
*before* the RNC) "caused" 1800 people to be arrested over the
next weekend, too, huh?

=4= The police attack on the July 1997 ride in San Francisco was
indeed Willie Brown declaring war on us, but the "cause" was a
massive traffic jam on the day of the June 1997 ride, which was
underway before the ride even began, then blamed on the ride
after the fact.

| The group's activities have spawned the term "U-lock justice"

=5= Wrong.  That term goes back at least to the 1980s.
    <_Jym_>