[*BCM*] Sheldon Brown memorial ride, Sunday March 2 (Mark Bates)

Tom Revay trevay at massbike.org
Fri Feb 29 13:18:43 EST 2008

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 00:04:31 -0500 (EST), Mark Bates
<bates at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
>  Is anyone else organizing a Sheldon ride on Sunday, maybe one through
>  town?

Not through the city for me, but I posted this yesterday to the
MassBike Mailing List --

================
MassBikers --

The details of this coming Sunday's (March 2, 2008) memorial service
for Sheldon Brown are posted on the Harris Cyclery home page, at
http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/index.html .  I have also included them
at the bottom of this message.

The service begins at 1:30pm.  There is also a memorial ride that
begins at 11 am at Harris Cyclery.

I plan to attend this ride and service.  If anyone would like to join
in a friendly bike ride from Dedham to the 11am event, you are welcome
to meet at the Mocha Java coffee shop in Dedham Square, from where
we'll depart at 10 o'clock.

The shop is at the corner of High Street and Eastern Avenue, one block
from the Providence Highway.  So far, we have two folks (including me)
who'll be riding to West Newton from there.

I have made a very quick Google map showing the route we plan to take, at
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=105985819468454054096.0004472ae3561aaba492e
Read the waypoints, at the left, from the bottom up.

It goes to Greendale Ave in Needham, then picks up Chestnut Street in
Newton Upper Falls.  Chestnut runs directly to West Newton.  Join us
along the way, if you care to.  It's a friendly ride, not a race or an
organized event, and I'm not planning on riding fast.  So feel free to
go at your own pace, faster if you prefer, slower if like.

I'll likely be getting a ride home, so I don't plan on riding the return.

All the best,

Tom Revay