[*BCM*] GPS for Bikes

TSmith4918 at aol.com TSmith4918 at aol.com
Fri Feb 1 11:22:22 EST 2008

My 14 year old kid had a great idea last night:  have auto-based GPS  systems
warn the driver when they are in 100yds of a biker.  that gentle  reminder
could improve our visibility

In a message dated 1/31/2008 12:04:18 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jym at econet.org writes:

>  Most police have no experience with accident reconstruction
> involving  bicycles and furthermore see more cyclists ignoring
> the traffic laws  than following them so why shouldn't they
> assume that the cyclist was  at fault.

=v= I would say "misperceive" rather than "see."   Motorists
ignore more laws, more serious laws, and with much more  serious
consequences; but since this is the norm, the police have  taken
to ignoring all but their most egregious offenses.  (Most  of
them are plunked behind the wheels of cars themselves.)
<_Jym_>

Boston  Critical Mass mailing  list
list at bostoncriticalmass.org

48)