[*BCM*] does this make sense

Anne Wolfe goannego at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 02:44:22 EST 2008

I'm not 100% certain that it would be used for cycling as 128 is not usually
the most direct straight line from A to B.  Its main use is that of being
faster than the side roads.  Well, in theory.......

Cycling to Hays when we're in England, there is a (very separate) bike lane
next to the A40, which is a road roughly equivalent to 128, and it is used
surprisingly often.  By us, for starters.  But the amount of cycle traffic
on it is frequent and certainly on the increase.  It is quite separate
*large raised median separating it from the road) due to the fact that
having bikes in a road which has heavy car traffic and a speed limit of
70mph would be just plain asking for fatalities.

2008/12/19 <dshep27283 at aol.com>

> If there was a bike lane in the median strip on 128 with ramps up to the
> cross roads, would it get used?   Would this be a worthwhile project?
> Simply riding past all the slow traffic during the commuting hours would be
> awesome!
> just daydreaming.....
> bikeequus

Anne M. Wolfe, LL.M.
Mobile: ( 07805) 456901

Reality has a well known liberal bias, Mr President - Stephen Colbert