[*BCM*] writing a bike story, looking for voices

Peter gh3451 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 09:53:26 EST 2008

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/12/14/residents_sue_over_mass_ave_project/

"Residents sue over Mass. Ave. project"

For those of you that don't see the "City" section of the Boston Globe.  Remember that these city officials answer to our bike friendly mayor.

This is what it takes folks.  I hate to see government via court case but how in this day and age can such a project go ahead w/o considering car alternatives.

Not only have bikes been excluded, so has the Urban Ring.  While not a fan of the bus masquerading as the Silver Line, I will say that Wash thru the South End is a pleasure as long as there is enforcement of the bus exclusive lane (that bikes are allowed to use).  Not some stinking 24" in the door zone.

Why would you not pursue such a lane along w/ this project?  The suburbs this ain't.  All of the folks stuck in the gridlock have alternatives.  If you unbuild it, they will go away.