[*BCM*] EVENT: StreetTalk! Car-free Sundays in Bogota Colombia - How about more car-free parkways here in Boston?

Jackie Douglas jackie at livablestreets.info
Wed Dec 3 12:02:50 EST 2008

Good afternoon,
Please distribute, and I hope to see you at the StreetTalk next week!
Thanks,
Jackie
**
*StreetTalk ! **
Car-free Sundays in Bogota Colombia - How about more car-free parkways here
in Boston?
Wednesday Dec. 10, 7:00 - 9:00 pm
*Program includes 3 short StreetFilms on Bogotá, premere showing of
LivableStreets Street Film on Mem Drive Sundays, and Special guest Renata
von Tscharner from Charles River Conservancy.

@ LivableStreets office space, 100 Sidney Street, Central Square, Cambridge
*[ map... ] * <http://www.livablestreets.info/node/530>

***free and open to the public, donation suggested beer/sodas provided
compliments of Harpoon Brewery!*

Would you like to see car free days in Boston? Did you know that a section
of Memorial Drive is car free every Sunday between April and November? Do
you wonder what it would take to have a car free Storrow Drive? Did you know
that over 70 miles of streets are car free every Sunday in Bogotá, Colombia
thanks to their former Mayor, Enrique Peñalosa? And did you know that
LivableStreets will be hosting Peñalosa in Boston in February?

Come watch StreetFilms about Bogotá, Colombia to see their street
transformations and learn more about what Enrique Peñalosa did to start car
free streets. Hear about advocacy efforts to get car free parkways. Learn
about the history of the Memorial Drive car free days, and watch
LivableStreets new film about it!

*This event is sponsored by LivableStreets Alliance.

*

Jacqueline Y. Douglas I Transportation Advocate
LivableStreets Alliance I Rethinking Urban Transportation
jackie at livablestreets.info
617.621.1746 (work)
914.318.3603 (cell)
www.livablestreets.info