[*BCM*] Reponse

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Mon Apr 28 16:55:06 EDT 2008

Adam Rosi-Kessel wrote, on 4/28/2008 4:50 PM:
>> The critical mass in Chicago is peace-full and parade-like. It is only
>> proof that this behavior is not necessary.
>> http://chicagocriticalmass.org/about
> It wasn't always like that. Chicago had many rides in the late 90's with
> similar bad vibes to what has sometimes occurred in Boston. Eventually
> the good-natured people outnumbered the testosterone brigade by such
> numbers (and with enough cohesion) that they took their aggression
> elsewhere.

I should also add that the strict-traffic-law issue is mostly different
from the aggressive riders issue. Certainly, aggressive riders may be
marginally more likely to break traffic rules, but a ride can be
perfectly peaceful and pleasant to pedestrians and drivers, and yet
still not strictly adhere to the rules of the road. I submit that the
latter is not a problem.

(Caveat -- I haven't been active in BCM or elsewhere for several years.)

Adam