[*BCM*] Reponse

E O Altman transmogrifer200 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 13:16:14 EDT 2008

L:
Thanks for taking the time to read my letter.
Part of our challenge is the general passive-aggressive character of our region's character.  That, combined with a widespread reluctance to stand up and say, "whoa, that ain't right," gives those who are inclined to "push it" room to do so.
I will ride in the CMR next month and then not again until after August, if I do ride in Boston's CMR again (I will be on a 10-week canoe expedition in Europe this summer).  I welcome any support from those of you who feel we can be agents of positive changes in attitude as well as behavior.  All we need to do is speak up and be role models, right?
It's a win-win proposition for everyone.  Since I do drive a car, and since I do walk too, I know the general flow works best when everyone using the public ways repects 'right-of-way'.  We really do not need to take, take, take in order to get ahead or get there in good time.
Have fun - ride safely,
Everett