[*BCM*] Global Warming Solutions Act

SusanShamel at aol.com SusanShamel at aol.com
Mon Apr 7 13:57:55 EDT 2008

Dear Friends of the Environment,
    We in Massachusetts have the opportunity to lead the nation with the
passage of the strongest global warming legislation in the country.
    As you may know, the Global Warming Solutions Act, Senate Bill 2531,
passed in our Massachusetts Senate on April 6 by a voice vote. (See
http://www.env-ne.org/resources/open/p/id/571/from/333). Legislative protocol required that
this bill be read to the House, and then sent to the Ways and Means Committee.
 It will continue to be benched there until there is enough pressure on
Speaker of the House, Sal DiMasi, and members of the Ways and Means Committee to
move it back to the House for a vote.
    This is where we can all make a difference.  We need to contact our state
reps and urge that they facilitate movement of this bill back to the House
for a positive vote  before this legislative session ends on July 31, 2008. Note
Massachusetts Power Shift will be lobbying for this bill on Monday, April 14,
from 9-4, with the goal of insuring that the House version of this bill is as
strong as the Senate's.
    Help make the energy revolution begin here! Write/Email/call your state
rep. and come to Lobby Day on April 14.
    Thanks,
    Susan Shamel, "climate activist", Bedford

    "Cut and paste" this, if desired:

    Dear Rep.
    I am contacting you to urge passage of the Global Warming Solutions Act,
Senate Bill 2531, before this legislative session ends. Please do whatever you
can to move this bill from the Ways and Means Committee to the House for a
positive vote.
    Since scientists state that we have less than 10 years to act on
anthropogenic climate change before it may be too late, we cannot delay.  Let
Massachusetts be the leader in the energy revolution and serve as a model that the
rest of the country and world may follow!
    Best regards,