[*BCM*] Meaningless Labelling (was: Scooters in the bike lanes)

Jeremy Chase jchase at chaselimited.com
Thu Sep 27 01:09:26 EDT 2007

I understand what you are saying about the small scooters, but I
think the argument about pollution is trumped by a number of
benefits scooters have over autos:

1) Scooters use far less fuel
2) Scooters aren't nearly as much a danger to pedestrians or cyclists (as cars)
3) Scooters don't contribute to traffic congestion nearly as much as cars

Personally I wouldn't want a scooter at CM either, but my reason for not
wanting them there would be because riding it around in the mass would
simply be a waste of fuel.

Jeremy