[*BCM*] Tour de Somerville Bike Ride - Saturday, October 13

Ron Newman rnewman at thecia.net
Thu Sep 27 00:46:24 EDT 2007

On Saturday, October 13, the Somerville Bicycle Committee and the
Friends of the Community Path will lead the 15th Annual Tour de
Somerville.  This year's ride will explore the flat side of
Somerville, avoiding all of the city's hills.    We'll ride along the
Community Path and its future extension, then take a level, low-
traffic route through East Somerville to the Mystic River at Assembly
Square.   From there, we'll ride alongside the river into a bit of
South Medford, then return through West Somerville back to our
starting point.

The Tour begins at 10 am at Seven Hills Park, behind the Somerville
Theatre in Davis Square.   Our nine-mile ride will be leisurely-
paced, easy for cyclists of all ages.  We strongly encourage all
riders to wear helmets.

In case of rain, we'll postpone the ride to Sunday, October 14, same
starting time and location.

For more information, call Ron Newman, 617-628-8895, or email
RNewman at theCIA.net .