[*BCM*] back bay thefts (Lee Peters)

Andrew J Heining andrewjh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 23:01:25 EDT 2007

I didn't see where the female accomplice went - she bolted toward ABP
and I followed the guy toward Dorothy's. He was on foot, and was in
good shape for his age (as I was able to confirm later when I wrestled
him to the ground - oof).
Also, the police said they'd picked this guy up before, though I
didn't catch what for. They also said there'd been a rash of thefts
reported in the area recently, and that some could possibly be pinned
to him.
When I asked if there was any way to track down his stash of stolen
bikes (and accessories - I had an underseat bag and one of those 120
db airhorns stolen today), the officer said it was pretty unlikely
he'd tell them anything, as he'd been taken in before.
I've gotta say, I was pretty impressed with the Boston Police response
in this case. Within minutes of the 911 call, a car showed up to where
we were, and minutes after that there were at least three others
combing the area looking for him. Credit them with acting quickly to
ensure we got the guy.
Happy riding!