[*BCM*] riding on a walk signal

Jim Leonard jim_bcm at xuth.net
Wed Sep 19 22:39:39 EDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 05:09:35PM -0700, Mike Costa wrote:
> Thanks for the info everyone!
>
> remember to look around for the cops at a walk signal
> or you can get points on your licence for a moving
> violation! :-)

umm, no.  You explicitly can't get points on your license for bicycle
infractions.  And if the officer writing the ticket fails to write on
the ticket that the infraction occurred on bicycle then that is
considered a defense against the charges.  And I'm quite frustrated
because I'm having trouble finding that in the MGL.  Could it be that
this is part of the bicycle bill that is being pushed through the state
legislature?  Regardless, I'm rather certain that infractions on bicycle
do not go on your license.

--jim