[*BCM*] riding on a walk signal

Basil Sharpe bsharpe at redcoatpublishing.com
Wed Sep 19 10:12:17 EDT 2007

If I only thought of the current laws which basically favor motorist,
I'd be dead a long time ago.   I do ride defensively, try to obey laws
and at least slow down to almost a walking pace at lights if not stop.
But I will start off before cars to establish my place in traffic as Jon
does.  I will also go thru lights to do the same thing before a car has
the chance to run me into the curb or cut me off.   I ride most days
from Medford to Beverly, and I will break these laws that don't consider
cyclists at all so that I wont get hurt.  For the most part these laws
favor just cars AND OUR CAR CELL PHONE CULTURE.  For the most part most
drivers are impatient, driving too fast, breaking laws themselves,
coming too close on purpose, rude, and selfish.  Sorry but that's just
the way it is.   I'm going to ride my bike and break any law to stay
alive and enjoy my ride the best way I can until the laws start to favor
humanity instead of these impatient cell phone talking bastards behind
the wheel or these 200 horsepower oversized killing machines.   I think
I speak for most serious commuter cyclist in this area.

Cheers