[*BCM*] Fw: Police action at Minneapolis Critical Mass

Robert Fine countrybob at comcast.net
Fri Sep 14 23:04:36 EDT 2007

I made a mistake, the renegage cop didn't spray the cuffed woman at the end, but instead another person who did in fact get off their bike and go behind the police lines to assumedly help the arrested woman. I would also like to add these comments that I sent to a friend who isn't a "believer" in the CM movement:

I looked at some of the photos at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/diversey/sets/72157601796064051/show/

 Minneapolis must be a nice place to live
because I didn't see any automobile traffic and the cops seem not to have
anything else to do except practice arresting easy picks by blockading the
street in human chain.

The police could use better sense and ride along with the group and
selectively arresting anyone who goes above and beyond a peacfull protest.

With regards to the right to protest, it's essential to our democracy to be
able to revolt. I am suggesting even beyond that of the right to peacefull
assemble.  That's what the founding fathers, I think in particular Thomas
Jefferson, wanted to preserve as an important right to safeguard an
overbearing government. How much different is this afterall than the
redcoats blocking off the road to Concord?