[*BCM*] Need Two More Peacekeepers On Bikes for Anti-War March Saturday 2007-10-27

Peacework Magazine Editor pwork at igc.org
Fri Oct 26 15:19:24 EDT 2007

Hello,
I'm Sam Diener, coordinator for Peacekeeping for the anti-war march
tomorrow, Saturday October 27th (www.oct27.org <http://
www.oct27.org>). Peacekeepers are nonviolent demonstration monitors
who help keep things calm, cool, and collected, especially where
there are counter-demonstrators or other challenging situations for
marchers. I'm looking for two more people to volunteer as
peacekeepers on bikes during the March. The peacekeepers on bikes
essentially drive up and down the length of the march carrying verbal
messages between teams of peacekeepers.
If you're interested, please call my cell phone ASAP, 781-475-0723.
My email address for this purpose is peacenow at rcn.com
<mailto:peacenow at rcn.com>. Any help you can provide is appreciated.
In Peace,
Sam Diener
Co-Editor, Peacework Magazine, "Global Thought and Local Action for
Nonviolent Social Change"
American Friends Service Committee - New England
2161 Mass. Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02140-3133
US
pwork at igc.org <mailto:pwork at igc.org>
www.peaceworkmagazine.org
617.661.6130
“Our only hope today lies in our ability to recapture the
revolutionary spirit and go out into a sometimes hostile world
declaring eternal hostility to poverty, racism, and militarism.”
Martin Luther King, April 4 1967 "Beyond Vietnam" speech, http://
www.afsc.org/mlk/resources.htm, Peacework Magazine Articles by and
about King, http://www.peaceworkmagazine.org/node/547