No subject

Sat Jun 9 12:57:20 EDT 2007

Model citizen (and cyclist) assaulted by Police

In his own words, Stephan Orsak explains: “I was rudely accosted, assaulted with battery and tased (shot with an electric pistol) at Minneapolis St Paul USA international airport by Airport Police, simply for choosing to leave the airport by bicycle. I had broken no laws. I use a bicycle as a significant part of my daily mode of travel. I have legally cycled to and from airports internationally including 3 of the 4 major London airports, with no problems. I was using my bicycle completely in accord with MN Statutes and Metropolitan Airport Commission Ordinances.” The full disturbing account here