[*BCM*] MPLS biker tased, detained, framed, taken to trial--all based on clea

Turtle turtle at thewiseturtle.com
Tue Jun 19 22:51:06 EDT 2007

My solution would be to politely refuse to do the dangerous thing, say why
it's dangerous, and say that if he or she doesn't like my choice then he or
she should write me a ticket for whatever law I'm breaking.  And if he or
she doesn't want to write a ticket, I'd ask him or her to either let me go
on my way, or charge me with something criminal and arrest me (seeing as
those are my two safest options).  I'd be as calm as possible, and probably
even politely thank the officer for doing his or her job as he or she
understands it to be.

Though, in a real situation, I'd be more likely to create a scene and get
assaulted by the officer - given that this is what happened already to me in
a similar situation...  (Though I'm getting better!)

I'll also suggest learning the Non-Violent Communication techniques taught
by Marshal Rosenberg, and, somewhat nonintuitively, I'd recommend the
Effective Communication techniques taught by Fred Kofman in his book
Conscious Bussiness.  Both techniques focus on leading a conversation in a
more effective, positive, and productive direction, even in difficult
situations.

-Turtle