[*BCM*] MPLS biker tased, detained, framed, taken to trial--all based on clea

esw at alum.mit.edu esw at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jun 19 15:12:03 EDT 2007

Wow, that's got me shaking with anger.  And fear.  The "offender" in
this story was riding a Brompton folding bike... the same bike I ride
10 miles every day.  One fun thing about owning a folding bike is the
ability to fly somewhere and then departing the airport under your own
power.  I've never done this, and I'm less inclined to ever do so now.

It makes me scared to ever bike anywhere other than Boston.  Come to
think of it I could see it happening in Boston too.  I guess it just
makes me scared.  And angry.  I'm shaking with anger after reading the
full story.  Not sure what to do about it other than share it with
other friends.  I know I would not have been as "firm" as Stephan.  I
would have walked the bike until they were out of sight.

I guess the one thing I'll be sure to do from now on is stop and be a
witness if I ever see a bicyclist pulled over by a cop.  I suppose
that might be just as dangerous as being the "offender."  Is it
illegal to be a witness to officers treatment of alleged offenders, in
general?  What if the officer orders the witness to leave the area?
As in; "nothing to see here, move along."  Being an unseen witness
with photographic evidence would seem to be the ideal.

Hmmm... time to renew that massbike membership.

Still shaking,
-erik