[*BCM*] MPLS biker tased, detained, framed, taken to trial--all based on clear lies

Robin Kimball ifmanis5 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 19 14:00:01 EDT 2007

Pulled this from boingboing to share with the list, if you've not seen it
already:

http://greencycles.blogspot.com/

*snip*
"I was leaving MSP airport by bicycle after a flight from California. I was
legally operating my bicycle completely in accord with MN statutes and MAC
airport ordinances. I was following all posted signs. There were NO signs at
that time prohibiting bicycles. I was rudely accosted by an officer in a
passing squad car, came to a stop, and was immediately threatened with mace
and taser if I didn't get off the bike and up on the curb. I did not
understand the reason for this outrage.  I calmly yet firmly protested the
threats, and said that I was happy to abide by all laws that applied, but
asked what I had done wrong and why the process was so immediately
belligerent. Officer Wingate said 'You can't ride here'.  I asked where that
was posted. Officer Wingate made a vague gesture in the direction of the
Lindbergh terminal and angrily said 'back there'. I asked for specifics of
where it was and what the sign said, and tried to explain that I had been to
the airport many times and had never seen such a sign. Officer Wingate
became more angry at this questioning of his authority, and burst out 'I'm
*telling* you you can't ride here'. I never raised my voice, used profanity
or made threatening gestures yet I was threatened again: 'I'm going to mace
you, I'm going to tase you!'."
*snip*

It goes on from there.  Stephan is not steamed, but I am.  His jury
selection begins July 16th.

-Nora Rocket..