[*BCM*] this guy...

Jeffrey Young jeffrey.p.young at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 20:30:50 EDT 2007

Well,

I got hit by a car (first time) on my bike this evening.  I was
obeying all laws and wearing a helmet.  I'm grateful to be alive.  I
was riding north, in the bike lane, on Harvard St., coming out of
Coolidge Corner in Brookline.  A car pulled into the street before I
could react... Because of the on coming traffic, I couldn't go around
him--I went right over his hood!!  I was in quite a rage when I
stopped rolling.  I had sense enough to call the police--Brookline's
finest was terrific.  The driver was cited, and he agreed to pay any
damages...

But, the thing that gets me, the thing that's been eating me all this
time, reading this thread, is that there's even a discussion.  As far
as I'm concerned, the debate is over: Cars are awful.  In addition to
killing people and destroying the atmosphere, we have to have an
enormously large military, and sacrifice our nation's youth and
treasure, to defend our 'right' to use it.  This is insane.  The
automobile era is over--let's face the facts.

Cheers,

jy