[*BCM*] BTD PED Rules

Turtle turtle at thewiseturtle.com
Mon Jun 4 22:35:27 EDT 2007

It occurs to me that I might not have made it clear that there is a definite
difference in my vision between travel lanes and other spaces.  Only
individuals using the travel lanes have to follow the 6 laws I suggested.
Individuals who are outside of the travel lanes (on private property, on the
grass, on plazas, in parking areas, etc.) would be free to move in whatever
way they wanted to, just like it is now.  Pedestrians meandering around,
stopping to chat, or sitting down for a rest would not be using the travel
lanes.  Folks would need to cross the travel lanes sometimes, would have the
right to do so, and would be motivated to do so safely, since they
presumably wouldn't want to get hit!  this would effectively make all roads
crosswalks, too.  So instead of channelling lots of pedestrians into narrow
crosswalks at random and possible inconvenient locations with traffic
yielding to them, pedestrians would cross wherever they needed to, and
through traffic would still have to yeild to them.  So again, no real
difference there, except that we're reminding people that they have to be
attentive to cross-traffic everywhere, rather than just when they see some
white lines in the road.

You know, it would probably be a lot easier and more effective if I made a
pretty picture of my idea...

-Turtle
so many ideas, so little time...