[*BCM*] Boston Globe on Critical Mass

Marc Larocque marc.p.larocque at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 10:29:02 EST 2007

Hi,

My name is Marc Larocque and I will be attending Critical Mass on Dec. 28,
2007 to report on this phenomenon that is so widespread. But I need some
background information. When did Boston's Critical Mass form? Who initiated
the movement here? About how many people participate on a monthly basis? I
see that someone was arrested a while back. When was the most recent arrest
and could I get some details? What is the meaning of Critical Mass: to
protest automobile use, to promote bicycling as the alternative form of
transportation.

I hope to talk to many of you on the last Friday of this month, but any
priming would be ideal. Also, I'd like to interview a new participant in
Critical Mass.

Please let me know if I can interview you or others.

Thanks so much,

Marc Larocque
Fledgling Journalist
Boston Globe