[*BCM*] MB tracking bike crashes

Nadav Carmel nadav at massbike.org
Mon Aug 6 13:20:33 EDT 2007

Hi, this is Nadav over at MassBike.

This is ridiculous:
http://www.myfoxboston.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=3966736&version
=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Plus five deaths I know about since April.

We've long debated how to respond to cyclist injuries or deaths in a way
that isn't crass or opportunistic, and while we still haven't reached
consensus, we've finally decided that we at least have to track this
information.

I know someone working on a more comprehensive incident reporting and
tracking website, but in the meantime, please let us know about any crashes
or other incidents you're involved in on your bike or otherwise know about,
in as much detail as you can.

We'd also like to know about accidents due to poor road or trail conditions.

If you can spare a second, please let me know about any incidents you know
about from the beginning of 2007 until now, with any relevant news links,
even if you think we might already be aware of it.

Tracking this information will go a long way towards convincing policy
makers that there's a real problem.

Thanks and safe riding,
Nadav

Nadav Carmel
Advocacy & Programs Associate
MassBike
171 Milk Street, Suite 33
Boston, MA 02109
Phone: 617-542-BIKE (2453)
Fax: 617-542-6755
Email: nadav at massbike.org

MassBike - Better Bicycling for Massachusetts
Visit us at www.massbike.org