[*BCM*] - Boston t Bike Ride

Lee Peters leepeters at gis.net
Thu Aug 2 22:04:51 EDT 2007

The police joined us for the special ride during the DNC.  Bless their hearts, they wanted to help, but didn't understand how it 'works'.  Then the Staties ran over one of our bikes..... ridiculous.

The alternative? Well, when you see a bicyclist just purposely blocking one single car, just say "Hey, just let the car go, it isn't worth ruining anyone's day".  And please don't think that I am blaming the victim.  I just often see riders with a clear antagonistic behavior.  We don't often get hit during CM.

Remember a few months ago when a fellow rider called the boss of an antagonistic ambulance driver?  That was a very respectable means for handling a situation.  That person dealt honestly with the company.  Last Friday's case seems to have involved a professional driver.  In my experience, they can be the least willing to share.  So let's address it.

So ask yourselves, what drivers would be upset if we only occupied a single lane?