[*BCM*] Paul Revere

Aaron Dulles-Coelho dulles at artifex.org
Fri Apr 13 18:33:25 EDT 2007

For everybody's information, here's what I think mass-impeach has decided...

We almost definately will *not* be at CM because we will all be
distributed across town flyering and quarter carding like madmen.

Ok, given that, IF I, somebody else, or a group of us, have the
capacity to be there, we will. But we will respect the group with a
bit of distance, and being at the very least in our own pack towards
one edge. Since the consensus seems to be that CM is not an organized
event but more of a "happening", I think that keeping in a pack and
keeping at one edge (back edge?) of the mass is appropriate and
respectable.

But like I said, we probably will be too occupied, so it's all rather moot.

Cheers!
 Aaron
 mass-impeach.org

On 4/2/07, Andrew Toomajian <andytoomajian at hotmail.com> wrote:

> > My query to the group: since April critical mass is on the 27th, would
> > anybody like to join us in calling out, as we ride, "impeachment is
> > coming! impeachment is coming!" "a28.org!" "a28.org!' ? We're
> > presenting a sort of historic/revolution-era spin on our protest, so a
> > Paul Revere style thing seems perfect!
>
> wow, that one really got a lot of emails.
>
> aaron, since you havent ever rode in a mass, let me suggest that this - come
> on the ride along with some of the other organizers.  pass out fliers and
> info for the a28 event.  ride for an hour or so, just participating and
> observing, and while riding, see how many people would be interested in a
> 2nd ride the following night - right before your event.  you might also find
> people who would want to do a splinter ride, breaking off from the larger
> event, that night - maybe a late night continuation of the mass, maybe a
> siphoning off of a group of riders.
>
> since there are no rules at mass you can do whatever you want, but my 2
> cents is that it feels slightly appropriative for someone who is not a
> regular rider to try and use the ride to promote his agenda and event.
>
> that said, the a28th thing sounds great, and i'll likely come out for it,
> and would also likely be more than willing to participate in rides on the
> 27th or 28th.  just not under the banner of critical mass.
>
> - andy

Aaron Dulles-Coelho
Vanu, Inc.
Cambridge, MA