[*BCM*] bad drivers

Bror Jonsson brorfred at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 17:11:30 EDT 2007

I can also host a development site if necessary.

How many people on this list are interested in helping out with such
a system? Anyone is needed, both technical and non-technical people.

The best thing concerning temporary problems such as roadwork or Red
Socks fans, is by the way that we can have an expiration date on the
info. Let's say that you bike home from work and there is a big
flooding somewhere. You can enter it in the database and set an
expirations date of 24 hours. Then there can be a system with E-mail
warnings that people can subscribe to so that you get a warning if a
problem is entered into the system for the region you are interested in.

:-)Bror

On 6 apr 2007, at 11.46, David Watson wrote:

> MassBike would host something like this, we've been talking about
> doing a
> bike commuter route finder for awhile, but haven't figured out how to
> collect enough data to make it really useful for people who could
> be riding
> from pretty much anywhere in the metro area.  Can Google Maps somehow
> integrate bicycle-specific data with its regular data, so that it
> can give a
> complete route when not every segment has bicycle data?  Over time,
> as more
> bicycle data is added, the routes would improve.
>
> In addition to identifying streets that are good for biking, it
> would be
> great to be able to flag things like potholes, maintenance
> problems, road
> closures, etc. both for riders and to report to the DPW for repairs.
>
> This could be a great tool.  We think one of the main things that
> keeps
> people from trying bike commuting is not knowing the best/safest
> way to go.
>
> -David

AIM:brorfred    Skype:brorfred    MSN:brorfred
--------
It does me no harm for my neighbor to believe in 20 gods, or no god.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg
--------
Thomas Jefferson