[*BCM*] bad drivers

David Watson david at massbike.org
Fri Apr 6 14:46:48 EDT 2007

MassBike would host something like this, we've been talking about doing a
bike commuter route finder for awhile, but haven't figured out how to
collect enough data to make it really useful for people who could be riding
from pretty much anywhere in the metro area.  Can Google Maps somehow
integrate bicycle-specific data with its regular data, so that it can give a
complete route when not every segment has bicycle data?  Over time, as more
bicycle data is added, the routes would improve.

In addition to identifying streets that are good for biking, it would be
great to be able to flag things like potholes, maintenance problems, road
closures, etc. both for riders and to report to the DPW for repairs.

This could be a great tool.  We think one of the main things that keeps
people from trying bike commuting is not knowing the best/safest way to go.

-David