[*BCM*] Dynamic Bikemap? (was List of dangerous streets)

Dan Barrett dbx at pobox.com
Fri Apr 6 13:25:15 EDT 2007

The problem is that the road conditions are variable, depending on what's
going on in town -- weekends in the summer or a Sox game during the week =
huge number of suburbanites who are lost and/or hostile.  Evening rush
hour downtown?  Dudes with New Hampshire plates drag-racing from red light
to red light because they have to be first in line to crawl up 93 for the
next two hours.

Last night on my way home I nearly got my ticket punched by some jack-off
who swerved _towards_ me while speeding.  I watched her/him do the same to
another rider further down Mass Ave, and then AGAIN to a third rider on
the Mass Ave bridge: s/he cut right into the bike lane to get close to the
rider, while going way, way faster than other traffic.  Blue minivan, some
grade school soccer team sticker on the back bumper.  Who knows, maybe it
was a teenage driver.

Definitely in the top five on my "almost got killed" list.