[*BCM*] Ghost bike

Jasmine Laietmark jasminebikesnotbombs at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 14:19:13 EDT 2007

hello
i'm sorry for the unclear post earlier.
i have at least six bikes headed for the steel recycling (all open frame)... unless you would like to pick them up for something in this vein.

as a sidenote: i have some thoughts on this: just opinion...
i believe that it would be nice if the bike did not appear to be the bike that was involved in the accident.
in 2004, i was upset by the ghost bike placed at the site of kirsten malone's accident due to the bent wheel (i remember a lack of seat, i think too). i felt it the fact that the bike looked like it was the very one involved skewed the message into a spectacle / obscured some of what i perceived to be the point.
but of course i was upset; she was riding my 3-speed, and it was white also.
recalling these feelings makes me hesitant to make a memorial for someone that i do not know... and so soon.

love,
jasmine