[*BCM*] Paul Revere and whatnot

. nevele symboliceon at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 2 23:51:47 EDT 2007

>From: Andrew Toomajian <andytoomajian at hotmail.com>
>To: Boston Critical Mass <list at bostoncriticalmass.org>
>Subject: [*BCM*] Paul Revere Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 02:09:08 +0000

Paul Revere style thing seems perfect!wow, that one really got a lot of
emails.  aaron, since you havent ever rode in a mass, let me suggest that
this - come on the ride along with some of the other organizers.  pass out
fliers and info for the a28 event.  ride for an hour or so, just
participating and observing, and while riding, see how many people would be
interested in a 2nd ride the following night - right before your event.  you
might also find people who would want to do a splinter ride, breaking off
from the larger event, that night - maybe a late night continuation of the
mass, maybe a siphoning off of a group of riders.  since there are no rules
at mass you can do whatever you want, but my 2 cents is that it feels
slightly appropriative for someone who is not a regular rider to try and use
the ride to promote his agenda and event.  that said, the a28th thing sounds
great, and i'll likely come out for it, and would also likely be more than
willing to participate in rides on the 27th or 28th.  just not under the
banner of critical mass.- andy

yea, what he said.

personally, i'm more concerned with the legalities and ethics of CM itself.
case in point: the whole blocking intersections so we can go through red
lights thing.. if our mission is to let automobile drivers know that
bicyclists have every legal right to be on the street, why exactly are we
breaking laws that we all are supposed to obey? it's sending the wrong
message, and only serves to make drivers more pissed off at cyclists. we
don't actually own the streets.. we rent them via taxes just like everyone
else.

oh, one more thing. can we.. can we just, like, shoot anyone on a skateboard
who decides to ride with the mass?? i frakkin love skating, but during the
last ride the dude on the longboard and the kid on the board doing tricks
fell once in a while after which their boards would be flung towards a
plethora of unsuspecting bike tires and ankles. gah