[*BCM*] Re: Bostoncriticalmass Digest, Vol 34, Issue 2

Jim Leonard vleonard at infinet.com
Mon Apr 2 14:38:30 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, John Hays wrote:

>     I would encourage anyone that supports the Paul Revere/impeachment
> idea to voluntarily choose to participate w/ it during the next ride by
> getting in costume, wearing a sign, or shouting the name of the website.
> Anybody who prefers NOT to do it can just not do those things. Seems
> simple enough.

By the same token, I may choose not to ride with the group because of
that.  While I may or may not support this specific cause, I do not want
the appearance that I'm a part of a movement/protest that I'm not.  In
fact I'd find it downright insulting and would be saddened that the
pleasant ride I was looking forward to has been coopted.  Except for rides
like CM it's not often that I can just go out riding in the city without
having to ride ultradefensively (it's not that I'm not good at it, just
that it's nice to not have to periodically).

--jim