[*BCM*] Why are you repeating all of the previous messages when replying?

Jim Leonard vleonard at infinet.com
Mon Apr 2 14:23:07 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Ron Newman wrote:

> Many of you are including the full text of previous messages when posting new
> ones.  I don't understand the purpose of doing this, and it makes the digest
> very difficult to read.  Please stop.

But you really do need to provide contextual information.  Email is not
guaranteed to arrive in the same order that it was sent and often does
arrive out of order (often in terms of hours and rarely days).  While
there is a happy medium of cutting the irrelevent parts, it is still far
better to include the previous message than to cut it out entirely.

--jim