[*BCM*] Marshals needed for Sunday Oct 1 HubOnWheels bike ride-- ride on storrow drive!

Jeff Rosenblum rosenblum.jeff at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 14:19:45 EDT 2006

Do you have any interest in helping out this Sunday October 1, 2006 as a
"Marshall" on Boston's second annual HubOnWheels citywide bike ride! Get
your entry fee waived, and get to ride on Storrow Drive which will be
closed to traffic! For more information on the ride, see:
http://www.hubonwheels.org.

If you are interested, please reply with some info:

< PLEASE EMAIL ME ASAP ANSWERING THESE QUESTIONS:>

1. Name and email address

2. Are you able to assist for the entire duration of the ride from start
to finish, or are you only able to arrive at a certain time, or do you
have to leave at a certain time?

3. Are you planning on driving to your location, or riding your bicycle?
If you are planning on riding your bicycle to City Hall Plaza in the
morning, please let me know where you live (or are starting from)
because I might be able to coordinate your location closer to your home.

4. If given the option, are you interested in riding the 20, 30, or 40
mile route AFTER you are released from your location? Or would you
rather just return to City Hall Plaza?

5. Are you able to bring a mobile phone? What is your mobile phone number?

6. Do you have any names and emails of people you think would be
interested in marshalling this year?

BASIC INFO

You have one of the most important jobs. You are our eyes and ears on
the road. What you do will fundamentally shape people’s experience of
this ride.

A little introduction, as I am coordinating the Marshals. My name is
Jeff Rosenblum, I co-founded a transportation advocacy group called
"LivableStreets Alliance" (http://www.livablestreets.info). We have been
collaborating with HubOnWheels since its start, and I coordinated the
marshals last year, and am excited about doing it again this year!

< MORE DETAILS WILL COME SOON WITH YOUR ACTUAL ASSIGNMENT AND LOTS MORE!
DON'T FEAR! >

Key pieces of information:

(1) Tomorrow, you will receive a location assignment.

(2) You need to arrive at Boston City Hall Plaza Sunday by 6:30AM (I
know, early, but it's worth it!). You will be treated to pancake
breakfast! Delicious. And coffee (if you're in to that sort of stuff).

(3) You will receive an orange HubOnWheels T-shirt, and set off to go to
your location.

(4) You will direct people, encourage them, smile, and have some fun!
And help with a little traffic control.

(5) When the "sag car" comes, you will be "released" and will either be
reassigned or allowed (encouraged!) to zip along the rest of the route
to help people out along the way.

Ok that's the basics. Email me if you're interested!

Best Regards,
Jeff Rosenblum
rosenblum.jeff at gmail.com