[*BCM*] Tour Somerville by bicycle - Saturday, October 14

Ron Newman rnewman at thecia.net
Wed Sep 27 01:36:55 EDT 2006

Announcing the 14th Annual Tour de Somerville:  "Streets, Rails, and
Trails"

When: Saturday, October 14, 10 am

Where: Starts at Seven Hills Park, behind the Somerville Theatre in
Davis Square

Who: Sponsored by the Somerville Bicycle Committee, Friends of the
Community Path, and the Mass. Central Rail Trail Coalition.

What: A family-friendly, 8-mile bicycle ride.  Our theme this year is
"Streets, Rails, and Trails".  We'll start by exploring the back
streets of Somerville's mostly-flat Ward Two.   Then we'll ride
alongside future extensions of both the Somerville Community Path and
the MBTA Green Line, looking at railroad rights-of-way from a variety
of viewpoints.   Finally, we'll return to Davis Square on the
existing paved Community Path.

If it rains, we'll postpone the ride to Sunday,  October 15, same
starting time and location.

For more information, call 617-628-8895.   Email:
sbc at ci.somerville.ma.us